One of the ladies who comes to the Wool Haven crochet classes is interested in amigurumi and brought a pattern she purchased from Etsy to show me.
Of course I wanted a shot at it.
The only downside is it’s in US terminology but quite simple one once you get your head rounf the different terms and I think it’ a good one for beginners.
I’ve worked it in Anchor Creativa Fina 100% cotton, using left over yarn from a previous project and it probably took about half a ball.
I have also added a chain tail and one day I will get round to embroidering an eye.This uses UK terms
- Ch 5
- dc3, 3dc in one st (last one on the chain), continue stitching on the other side of the chain, dc2, 2dc in one st. (10 sts)
- *2dc in one st, dc1* x5 (15 sts)
- *2dc in one st, dc2* x5 (20 sts)
- *dc2tog, dc2* x5 (15 sts)
- *dc2tog, dc1* x5 (10 sts)
- Tie off and leave long end for sewing
Time taken: 3 hours (with distractions)