Well it had to happen, my daughter’s love of muffins and my search on how to use sourdough has combined. I found this great recipe here
I was slightly nervous when she tried them but the “yum” and 3 demolished in quick sucession reassured me.
- 125 g sourdough starter
- 20 g honey
- 240 g milk
- 360 g strong plain flour
- 5 g salt
1. In the evening, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, cover and rest for 30 – 60 minutes.
2. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes
3. Return dough to bowl, cover and leave overnight at room temperature
4. Next morning, turn dough onto floured surface, flour the top and press out gently until 1cm thick
5. Cut into approx 7 cm rounds and place on floured baking tray to rise for 1 hour. You can use corneal here for the flouring
6. Preheat skillet over a low-heat, cook each side for approx 5 minutes. When cooked muffin internal temperature – 96C