I love Lemon Drizzle Cake but my husband prefers a lime version so I decided to make one the other week for his birthday
I found this Mary Berry Lemon recipe on the GoodtoKnow site and it really is easy.
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g softened butter
- 3 eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- ¾ level tsp baking powder
- 100g granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
I didn’t have any loaf tin liners so used baking parchment, bit scruffy but it did the job.
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Beat eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder and lemon zest with electric whisk until smooth in a large mixing bowl and turn into the prepared tin.
2. Bake for about 40 mins, or until golden brown, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
3. Make the drizzle topping while the cake is still warm. Mix sugar and juice then pour over the warm cake.