In order to give a range of examples for my craft classes this month I did a few other small projects in felt this week to give an alternative to the felt flower brooches
A needle case – which is felt folded to make a double thickness “book” with the edges blanket stitched and an attempt at embroidery on the front.
A mobile phone cover – I thought if I did one in bright yellow I may actually find my phone in my bag occasionally.
The felt was cut to fit round my phone then decorated with felt flower & leaves. These could be glued on but I used a contrasting colour embroidery thread to sew them on.
I then used the same colour thread to blanket stitch round two sides of the cover.
Thirdly felt bows. These can also be used as brooches or gift wrapping decorations.
They require 3 rectangles
- The main loops of the bow – approx 7 x 21cm (2 3/4 x 8 1/2 inches)
- glue short ends together & pinch in middle to form 2 loops, glue or sew to secure
- The trailing ribbon of the bow – approx 3 x 14 cm (1 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches)
- cut “V” in each end, pinch in middle & secure to main bow
- Bow wrap – approx 2 x 8 cm (3/4 x 3 inches)
- wrap round parts 1 & 2, glue or sew to secure
And finally we also made a sunglasses case for my daughter.
It’s made similar to the phone cover but with a turnover at the top with a drawstring ribbon threaded through and decorated with stick on crystals. There’s no photo of that because it’s disappeared into her bedroom.